- 500g/1.10lb/17.64oz strong flour.
- 80g/0.176lb/2.82oz butter.
- 3 Medium eggs (1 is for brushing).
- 80g/0.176lb/2.82oz caster sugar.
- 250ml/8.8 fl.oz of milk.
- 5 teaspoons of baking powder
- Almond flakes or raisins. (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven at 200°C/392°F/Gas 7.
- Mix 450g/1lb/15.87oz and butter until crumby like breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar & baking powder to the mix, then add 1/2 the milk and mix while adding the remaining 1/2.
- OPTIONAL: add the raisins or almond flakes into the mix.
- On a flour dusted surface, fold/knead the dough while adding the remaining 50g of flour.
- Add a little more flour until you get a smooth consistency.
- Now, roll dough and use a pastry cutter to cut scone shapes.
- Add baking paper and scones on tray, egg wash the top and put in oven for 15min.
- Serve with jam and/or clotted cream. (YUMMY)
Crump like mix.
Scones with jam.